The prize will be a copy of my cookbook Quickies : Morning, Noon and Night. Minds out of gutters, please! It's not what you might think.
This is my very first cookbook and I'm really quite proud of it. I've written it to help anyone who's ever thought "Cripes, I'm too tired to cook", or uttered "I've no time to cook, what's the pizza delivery number darling?"
I've tested and cooked every one of the 70 short, easy but sensational recipes in it countless times, over many years, so you have my personal guarantee that they'll really work. And, if for any reason, something does get screwy...just buzz me ;) All the dishes in the book were prepared personally by myself and photographed by a professional photographer, in my apartment. So you'll get glimpses of my abode, my china cupboard and my dishpan hands too ; )
It's more than just a recipe book - there are sections for things like kitting out your kitchen, getting the most out of your kitchen tools, the quick easy way to measure ingredients accurately, making fabulous coffee at home and a walk through of everything a beginner would need to know about wine and how to pair it successfully with your favourite foods. I could go on and on but why don't you take a detailed Quickies preview here instead?
COMPOSE a course that contains AVOCADO & FETA CHEESE, two of my favourite ingredients. You may also include any number of additional ingredients. The dish can be for a vegetarian, carnivore, or pescatore, whatever. It can even be a dessert. No matter what though, it must contain the two challenge ingredients.
A good example is on page 38 of Quickies…Avocado, Green Chili, and Feta Cheese Salad shown below.
Here the avocado, tomatoes, and feta are complimented by the heat from the green chili, and finished with a lime-chili dressing.
1. Neither Lazaro, Nancy, nor I will be participating.
2. The winner will be chosen by a consensus of the three of us.
3. The challenge is open to everyone, worldwide.
1. You must submit a dish containing Avocado & Feta Cheese.
2. Copy & Paste the Quickies cover image (contest photo) onto your blog post that includes the dish you wish to submit.
3. If submitting an old blog post, just write a short, new post with the contest photo included.
4. Email me a link to your post at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY JUNE 7, 2010.
6. On June 8, 2010 we will announce the winner & post a round-up of all the dishes.
1. Winner gets a copy of Quickies: Morning, Noon, and Night
2. A guest blogger spot on Lazaro Cooks!
I hope you enjoy our first Quickies: Morning, Noon, and Night Challenge. Have fun and be creative. Please tell your readers that you intend to participate; they might like to join in the merriment!
By the way, please check Lazaro's blog on Sunday, he will post something for all Moms.
That's it for now lovely readers - I look forward to your wonderful entries!
In : Giveaways
Tags: giveaways cooking challenge quickies
blog comments powered by Disqus